Police Blotter: Arrests; Police make more meth arrests; Woman moons customers, escapes, and more

(Fremont County, Wyo.) – Here is the weekend recap of law enforcement activity around the county. All those arrested or cited are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law.

Fremont County Sheriff’s Office


Tonya Duran, 37, Ethete, Probation Revocation Warrant.

James Hallett, 43, Riverton, three Contempt of Court warrants.

Kelly Meehan, 25, Gillette, Robbery and U.S. Marshall hold. Read more about this arrest here.

Matthew Thunder,  22, Fort Washakie, Failure to Appear Warrant. Thunder was arrested Sunday morning after deputies were called to the 900 block of East Monroe for a report that a man was ‘talking about gangs and brandishing a firearm,’ Undersheriff Ryan Lee said in a news release. Thunder was found hiding behind a garbage dumpster. After being placed under arrest, deputies located a .25 caliber firearm nearby; Thunder was wearing a holster for the firearm, and was wearing items associated with gang activity.


A fence was reported struck on Hoot Owl Road outside of Riverton on Friday morning. The driver was not located.

At 10:11 a.m., deputies and Wyoming Game & Fish personnel were called to Baldwin Creek Road near Lander for a report of an owl caught in a fence.

At 1:55 p.m., deputies were called to Highway 789 near Riverton for a report of a woman running along the highway being chased by a man in a beige passenger car. A deputy stopped the suspect vehicle, but due to jurisdiction, the case was turned over to the Wind River Police.

At 5:38 p.m., deputies were called to Hudson for a report of a male subject driving recklessly on a dirt bike.

Deputies were called to Snowberry Lane for an anonymous noise complaint about loud bass being played. The caller was reportedly afraid to reach out to the neighbors.

A suspicious persons report in the Riverton area from Friday evening is under investigation.

At 10:41 p.m., deputies were called to Bass Lake Road in Shoshone for a report of sign on the road having been knocked over and ripped out.

A 22-year-old woman in Dubois was issued a citation on Friday night for possession of marijuana.

At 10:47 a.m., deputies were called about an 11-year-old girl missing from Snyder Road near Lander. The girl was located by a deputy soon after. She had just gone for a walk after taking the trash out.

A fence was reported damaged by a vehicle on Blue Shale Road.

At 7:45 p.m., deputies were called to Young Road by a caller who saw a vehicle drive by with a woman laying on top of the car. Deputies were unable to locate the vehicle.

Xanax was reported stolen from a residence on Cherry Street on Saturday evening. There are no suspects at this time.

At 8:58 p.m., deputies were called to Highway 789 near Shoshoni for a report of a motorcycle v. deer wreck. Additional information was not readily available.

A man on Baldwin Creek Road on Sunday morning reported that a dog got into his chickens.

At 12:04 p.m., deputies were called to the 600 block of Freedom Drive near Riverton a caller said she could here her neighbors screaming at each other. Deputies arrived and found no evidence of an assault. Parties were separated.

Deputies were called on Sunday afternoon for another report of a vehicle driving down Bryant Road near Riverton with a woman sitting on top of the vehicle. The vehicle was not located.

A man in the Arapahoe area reported seven 5-gallon jugs of cooking oil stolen.

A high speed chase involving a black Chevy Equinox was ended by Wind River Police in the St. Stephen’s area. Additional information was not readily available.


Lander Police Department did not issue information about weekend calls today.


Riverton Police Department


Tashina Birdshead, 32, St. Stephens, on a Probation Revocation. Police were called to the 300 block of North Broadway to Injury Prevention Resources after it was discovered that Birdshead had an outstanding warrant.

Rachel Antelope, 31, Riverton, Driving While Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance, Driving While Under Suspension (DWUS) , Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana. At 11:13 a.m. Friday, Antelope’s vehicle was stopped in the 2000 block of North Federal after a report was received of a possible drunk driver who was allegedly swerving all over the road. Antelope’s vehicle was impounded and a passenger was also arrested. (see next item below)

Loni Warren, 32, St. Stephens, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana, and on a Failure to Appear warrant. Warren was a passenger in the Antelope vehicle (see above). The two were found with what was called a “personal use” quantity of meth, about 8 to 10 crystals, according to a police report, and marijuana.

Patrick Arthur, 32, Arapahoe, Filing a False Police Report. His BAC was .17 percent. The blood alcohol legal limit is .08 percent. Friday at noon, Arthur came to the police department to report that his mother was fraudulently using his debit card to the tune of $1,285.81 in unauthorized charges. Police contacted his mother who claimed the allegation was false. During the investigation, other family members came forward and said they were with Arthur when he made the purchases. He then admitting making the false claim, saying that he was mad at his mother and his family and wanted to get her into trouble, a report said.

Roberta Clements, 49, Riverton, on a Contempt of Court warrant

Kristen Behan, 27, Arapahoe, on a Natrona County warrant

Aaron Tindall, 26, Lander, Driving While Under the Influence of Alcohol (DWUI), Eluding Police, No Drivers License. BAC level was .22 percent. A police officer began following the vehicle and attempted to pull it over, but the vehicle kept on going until it reached the 600 block of West Main, over three blocks away, and tried to park behind some cars in an alleyway. Tindall was found to be behind the wheel of the vehicle.

Jonathan Davis, 31, Riverton, DWUI. BAC level was .22 percent

Katera Jenkins, 32, Riverton, Public Intoxication and Resisting. At 9:30 p.m. Saturday, police were called to the 300 block of Spire Drive where a resident of an apartment there said a child had attempted to throw a rock through one of the apartment’s windows. Responding officers found the rock, which weighed about seven pounds. It was a big river rock. While they didn’t see any children about, they noticed a vehicle stopped in an intersection nearby and the occupants of the vehicle, upon seeing the officers, reclined their seats and tried to avoid being spotted. Well, that didn’t work and officers contacted the occupants. Jenkins reportedly lied several times about her birthday, but officers noticed that she had a tattoo on one of her arms. Knowing that tattoos can be a form of identification if someone had been arrested before, the officer contacted dispatch and described the tattoo, which came back belonging to Jenkins. When they attempted to place her under arrest for resisting, she tried to get away and, according to a police report, was taken to the ground, placed under arrest and taken to jail.

Velinda Brown, 40, Ethete, Child Endangerment, BAC level was .24 percent. At abour 10:15 p.m. Saturday night, the RPD dispatch center received a call from a residence on Shoshone Drive, saying an intoxicated woman showed up at her door wanting to borrow a bottle for a child. The woman was reported to be barely able to speak and the caller was concerned for the woman’s children, a boy aged two and a girl aged five. Police contacted Brown who said she was the only adult in the home with the kids. The children did not have any food, but police found a nearly empty bottle of Canadian Lord Calvert whiskey on the floor and an open bottle of Hydroxyzine that the children could get to. Police contacted Tribal DFS to come and get the children and Brown was arrested.

Ronald Benally, 42, Fort Washakie, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana. BAC level was  .21 percent. Police were summoned to the 400 block of South Federal for an man reported being disorderly. The man was found in possession of controlled substances and was arrested.

Ronald Brown, 48, St. Stephens, on a Failure to Appear warrant

Alexandra Sinclair, 20, Riverton, Posession of Methamphetamine. Details were not available as a report was pending. All that was contained on a police report is that officers were called to the Walmart parking lot.

Dawson Smith, 29, Ethete, on a Failure to Appear warrant. A 911 hang-up resulted in a police response to the 900 block of Mary Ann where Smith was found and arrested on the outstanding warrant.

Delphine Charging, 45, Ethete, Felony DWUI and DWUS, BAC level was .26 percent. at 7:30 p.m. Sunday night, by-passers heard a woman yelling from a car that her mother was intoxicated and driving. According to the police report, the passenger yelled: “call 911 my, mom is intoxicated and driving.” They did, and she was and was arrested after the gray Dodge passenger car was stopped in the 700 block of East Fremont.

Robert Richards, 37, Riverton, on a Contempt of Court warrant


At 4:09 a.m. Friday in the 2600 block of East Monroe, a dispute over a mother using corporal punishment (spanking) on a two-year-old child resulted in an argument between parents and the Dad taking the kids from the house and leaving. When police arrived, he returned. The mother promised not to spank her children and the two worked it out. No action was taken.

A stray black cat hiding under a shed in the area of Aspen Park School resulted in a response by the city’s Animal Control Officer to catch the animal. School officials feared the cat might bite a child if it tried to pet the cat. The animal was captured and taken to the PAWS For Life shelter.

At 8:36 a.m. Friday, the driver of a 2005 silver Audi A6 apparently fell asleep at the wheel, ran off the road took out some posts along the south side of Jaycee Park and knocked over a traffic control sign. Damage was over $1,000.

A woman who pulled down her pants at the Ace Hardware store at 8:48 a.m. was chased from the business by an employee, a police report indicated. The woman got into a white car with a temporary tag and fled eastbound. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.

At 12:24 p.m. police received a call of a woman walking in the 300 block of North Federal carrying what was described as a “garbage bag” full of prescription bottles. Police contacted the woman and learned that the 30 or so bottles of prescription medications actually were the woman’s and her sons’s prescribed meds. Police said the bag the woman was carrying the drugs in was nearly see-through, and they cautioned her she should not carry them around where other people could see what she was carrying.

While Captain Murphy and Police Chief Mike Broadhead were on the above call, a kitten kept running across the street and apparently tried to enter the police vehicle. The kitten was caught and was taken to the PAWS For Life shelter.

Two RPD Detectives returning from Lander drove up on a domestic assault talking place on Highway 789. When the officers, dressed in civilian clothes and in an unmarked vehicle pulled up on the scene, turned on the vehicle’s emergency lights and flashed their badges, the male left the scene in the direction of the Wind River Casino, leaving the woman behind. The driver of the gold Nissan Maxima appeared to have been drinking. He was later stopped at Sheriff’s Deputies and BIA Wind River Police Officers at the Wind River Casino Parking Lot. The woman was turned over to the BIA officers as well.

A case of animal abuse was reported at 3:19 p.m. in the 500 block of North 1st Street at the Ashgrove School where a dog was reported locked in the vehicle all day long. The vehicle, a two tone Ford Bronco, apparently was owned by an employee inside the school. The owner was contacted who told police that he checked on the dog once each hour. The dog’s owner was advised he needed to find other options for the dog now that the weather is warmer.  No other action was taken.

A report is pending in a case involving controlled substance use. No other information was immediately available.

Police were called to the 200 block of East Pershing on a custody dispute. A man had papers showing he could pick up his children, but his ex was refusing to let the go with him. A report was made.

A fight reported as physical turned out to be a verbal altercation in the 600 block of West Main at 6:18 p.m. Friday. No action was taken.

A report is also pending on some bones dug up in a back yard in the 300 block of East Bell Avenue. The bones were thought to be suspicious in nature because a Teddy Bear was found with them. No other information was available.

A former member of the Riverton High School girls soccer team reported that she was being threatened by another member of the current team. The report was generated after the girls said a team member came out of a restaurant threatening to “beat her down.” Police took a report to be followed up by the school resource officer.

A sexual assault was reported on Friday, no information was released.

At 6:42 p.m. a hit and run crash was reported on South Federal Boulevard. The suspect vehicle was reported to be a white Pontiac G6 with temporary tags. Officers followed the vehicle until it entered the Wind River Reservation and turned on 17 mile road.

A REDDI report was phoned in at 9:14p.m. of a maroon van without license plates driving in the wrong lane of travel and nearly hitting oncoming traffic. The vehicle was located by the RPD, but it was unoccupied. A man found locking the vehicle said it was his, and no one else should’ve been driving it, but he did not offer any other information on who had been driving it.

A motorist called police at 10:30 p.m. from the 400 block of East Pershing to report that he had just struck and knocked over a sign with the camper trailer he was pulling. The city street department was contacted to put the sign back in place. Neither the sign nor the camper was damaged, according to a report.

A police officer en route to a property destruction calls on Crow Avenue was met by on oncoming vehicle reported to be doing about 70 mph on Webbwood Road. The vehicle was an older white Ford pickup. The vehicle stopped at the red light at Webbwood and North Federal, but when the police unit had turned around and pulled up behind it, the driver punched it, ran the red light and began fleeing southbound on Federal. Captain Eric Murphy said the officer followed the department’s “no chase” policy in that instance, and reported the incident to dispatch, and then went on the call he had been assigned. A sheriff’s deputy fell in behind the vehicle, which fled onto the Wind River Indian Reservation. The deputy did not attempt to stop the vehicle.

Police responded to the 500 block of East Main at three minutes past midnight on Saturday morning on the report of an intoxicated man hitting his fists on parked cars and trying to start fights with people. The man was contacted and taken to the Center For Hope detox center.

A hit and run report in the 700 block of East Park came in at 9:04 a.m. after a resident there discovered someone had ran into his fence and caused about $500 in damages. There are no suspects.

A man reported to police that someone had taken $5,000 in cash that he had been saving up for the past year to go visit his grandchildren back east. The man called police back on Monday and said he had found his stash of cash and that it had not been stolen.

At 12:44 p.m. Saturday, police were notified that someone had thrown a brick through the window of the Catholic Church Parsonage in the 600 block of East Park. Damage was estimated at $150. There are no suspects.

A man rented a front tine roto tiller from Jiffy Rentals on Saturday and paid the $50.40 fee with his credit card. After returning the roto tiller, the man was advised his credit card was rejected. He said he would go home and come right back and pay the bill. He didn’t show up. Captain Murphy said police wll give the man some time to show up and pay the bill, or he could be cited for theft of services.

A woman reported a vandalism to her 2013 black Yukon, but officers said that in addition to a seven-inch-long scratch on the passenger side door they found a dent, indicating that it had been struck by another vehicle. There are no suspects.

Police received several reports of vandalism to vehicles at two locations, at the Hampton Inn on North Federal and on Spire Drive on the other side of town. The “vandals” used washable paint when making phallic images on the vehicles. The paint washed off, no damage was reported.

However, a white Ford Taurus wasn’t as lucky as someone pitched a brick through the back window of the car, causing $500 in damages. The report was made at 10:19 p.m. from the 800 block of North 16th East.

No action was taken after police responded to the 500 block of South First Street on the report of two vehicles  playing loud music at 1:15 a.m. Sunday and the occupants of the vehicles throwing bottles out the windows. A 22-year-old and a 23-year-old, both females were having a verbal altercation with people in the other car. They had been at a party, but weren’t getting along with others so they left. They had not been drinking. The parties were separated.

At 1:58 a.m. police were called by a woman who said she had left her wallet on the bar at Bombers and returned to find it gone. While she was there, a man brought her wallet to her. Upon checking, however, the woman discovered that two of her IDs were gone along with two debit cards. A report was filed.

At 2:50 p.m. police were called to the 500 block of North 2nd East on the report of a group of people partying in a yard. Police discovered a family party underway, and everything was fine, except for one individual who was being disorderly. The 21-year-old man from Arapahoe was taken to the Center For Hope detox center.

At 5:15 a.m. Sunday, there was a report of two men fighting in the 100 block of Apache. Two men were found wrestling there, but not fighting. They were 47 and 57 years old respectively. No action was taken.

A woman called police seeking a welfare check on her children, ages 3, 5 and 7, which she hadn’t see since Friday. She was supposed to meet them with their dad in Worland, but they did not make contact. The father called in a bit later to say the kids were safe and with him.