Riverton High School’s FFA banquet held and student honors awarded
By Tyler Kreitzer RHS Journalism Club
(Riverton, Wyo.) – On Thursday May 1, 2014 the FFA program at Riverton High School held its annual banquet to honor the students, parents, and supporters that make the FFA program a success each year. The night started with the banquet and was followed by the opening ceremony and the recognition of the following:
• 35 students attended the State FFA convention.
• 38 First year members received Green Hand Degrees. The Star Green Hand was awarded to Chase Emerson.
• 23 Students received Chapter Degrees.
• State Degrees were awarded to the following 7 students: Jamie Walker, Wyatt Griffin, Tenikah Dolbow, Katie Thayer, Stephanie Joy, Rylee Crippen, and Shay Cunningham.
• Star Farmer Award went to Wyatt Griffin.
• Leadership Awards were given to: Freshman Braxton Crofts, Sophmore Katie Hazlewood, Junior Macy Bates, and Senior Shay Cunningham.
• Honorary Degrees were awarded to: Mic Pryor from Edward Jones, Joyce Hazelwood, and Tom and Kristen Paulsen.
The following students were installed as Chapter Officers for the 2014-2015 School Year:
Vice President-Olivia Mercer
2nd Vice President-TJ Paulsen
Secretary – Chase Emerson
Sentenel – Vanessa Powell
The FFA program would like to offer a special thanks to all who have supported the students and helped them through their many endeavors