A clearing house site is being established for van Dijk family needs; Fundraisers listed
(Fremont County, Wyo.) – A number of efforts are underway to raise funds for the van Dijk family, who lost two children and their home in a tragic fire south of Lander earlier this week.
• An authorized site has been established to coordinate efforts for fundraising and support for the van Dijks. We will post events, volunteer needs, specific and general needs for the family and more as we become aware of them. People may contact Camilla Whitman at (307) 438-9514 or email email@example.com with information. The address for the site is: https://www.lotsahelpinghands.
According to information posted so far, at this time the family needs are ones of support and love. Of course many things will be needed that are just unknown at this time. If you want to donate money, an account is set up at Central Bank and Trust (tel:307-332-4730). We know you may have items you want to donate, and ways you want to help. At this time multiple rooms full of items have been donated and only monetary donations will be accepted. If you want to help, know that no donation is too small and all donations add up to an amazing amount of support.
• Cassandra McLeod: We are doing a fundraiser for the Van Dijk family on Saturday at the Inn at Lander at 3 p.m. It will be a two part fundraiser- first we have a class scheduled to teach about essential oils and will be charging $5 admission for the class. We will be selling product there as well. (All money collected will go to the family). We will also be holding a raffle for items that local businesses have donated (Wild Iris, Gannett Peak Sports, Hello the House, Tony’s, Jamberry and more). Raffle tickets will be $1. If people can not attend we will be selling the raffle tickets through email and online as well. For information: 80-577-5861.
• Bill’s Quality Auto Glass will donate all sales on Tuesday, July 22 for windshields, detailing and chip repairs and $100 from each insurance claim.
• Saturday, July 26th at 11 a.m. at Crossfit Lander: A team of four will be put together to complete a one rep max of an Olympic lift per person. Sponsors will be found and welcome to donate money per pound lifted. After the lifting is done, donations received from businesses will be raffled for $5 a ticket or three for $10. All proceeds will go to the van Dijk family. Donators are more than welcome to contact Joseph Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sweet Intentions sold 17 dozen cupcakes Friday morning totaling $455 to donate to the family.
• Kloie raised $120.89 for the van Dijk family with her snow cone stand Thursday afternoon in Lander.
• Kirbie Despain: A benefit dinner for the van Dijk family is being planned for September 13 at Saint Margaret’s Church in Riverton. There will be a silent auction and a live auction at the event, plus a dessert auction during dinner. We are looking for donations for all the auctions. People can contact Whitney at 307-851-0894 or Kirbie at 307-851-5797.