Police Blotter: Arrests; Fights result in calls to authorities; Man leaves town after altercation at inn

(Fremont County, Wyo.) – Here is Friday’s recap of law enforcement activity around the county in the past 24 hours. All persons arrested or cited are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law.

Fremont County Sheriff’s Office


Cassie Oldman, 63, Riverton, Failure to Appear Warrant.

Ian Timbana, 26, Lander, Driving Under the Influence, Speeding, No Valid Driver’s License and Registration Violation. Timbana was arrested following a traffic stop on Highway 287 in Lander shortly after noon.


At 8:37 a.m., a caller in Shoshoni was asking assistance of the sheriff’s office. The man said his friend left him at a casino, and now he was stranded in Shoshoni.

At about 10:30 a.m., deputies were called about a red boat upside down in the river near Lander with no one around. Deputies determined the boat had been there for some time.

Deputies were called to to the area of Sweetwater Street and South Seventh in Lander for a report of a group of girls in a passenger car who would jump out of the car, run around, and jump back in at stop signs.

Deputies transported an intoxicated subject to detox after they were called for a person vomiting in a business on the 1100 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.

At 11:08 p.m., a woman on the 1400 block of East Monroe Avenue reported that there was a loud party in the area.

A person reported to deputies at 5:56 a.m. on Friday that their wallet was stolen at a casino.


Riverton Police Department


Benita Smith, 48, Riverton, on a Probation Revocation

Filbert Sanchez, 69, Fort Washakie, on two Contempt of Court warrants. Sanchez was arrested after a complaint was received that a man was sleeping in the bushes in the 800 block of East Fremont. His BAC level was .27 percent. Police said the man had soiled himself and could not stand up.

37-year-old male, Arapahoe, was cited for Urinating in Public after dispatchers monitoring the city park web cam noticed that he had dropped his drawers and did his business in a corner of the band shell. The man’s blood alcohol level was measured at .50 percent. He was taken to SageWest-Riverton for having a high BAC.


A woman called police at 4:57 a.m. to report that someone had taken her Carhart coat out of her van parked at the Walmart lot. The woman said the coat contained some pay stubs, but no money. Officers noticed a window on the van had been rolled down. The woman said the window didn’t work and she could not get it rolled up.

An irate customer at the Holiday Inn resulted in a call to police when the night clerk felt threatened. The customer, who had a New York address, was unhappy with his bill and asked for a discount. He got one, but wasn’t satisfied with that and asked for another. The manager approved another discount, but that didn’t please the customer either. He allegedly reached across the counter, grabbed the blouse of the clerk and shook her. When she began to call police, he fled. Of course he had signed in and left his personal information with the hotel. The 58-year-old man apparently left town. Police have left a message for him. The clerk was not injured. The police report did not indicate the total amount of the man’s bill.

Riverton police blocked off access to the 700 block of East Fremont at 8:19 a.m. when a recycling truck backed over a natural gas meter behind Fulmer’s Fat Boy Restaurant, causing a major, hissing leak. Source Gas crews responded and stopped the leak and replaced a portion of the gas meter. The restaurant had to close until all of the gas regulators on their cooking equipment and hot water heater were replaced.

Police received a report of credit card fraud on Thursday, but a report had not been completed.

A Toyota Rav 4, red in color, was struck by a hit and run vehicle sometime on Thursday in the Health and Science Center parking lot. A damage estimate was not available.

A young man playing on a railing in a livestock barn at the Fremont County Fairgrounds fell and broke his arm yesterday. The child, age not given, was taken by private vehicle to SageWest-Lander by his family.

Of all the nerve! A person in a blue and silver older Dodge pickup truck threw a cup of ice at another motorist. There was no damage. It is unknown what precipitated such aggression.

A argument between a man and a wife resulted in the man’s ear apparently being bitten causing it to bleed, but the wife denied biting her husband and the husband couldn’t remember what happened because he was drunk. The woman called her daughter who came and picked her up and took her away for the night. The man did not want to file any charges.


Lander Police Department


A 51-year-old Lander man was cited for Shoplifting. The citation was issued after a man was reportedly unloading a cart full of groceries into his car but had not paid for the items. The value of the items that the man allegedly tried to steal was $599.82.

Timothy Wesaw, 31, Lander, Fighting and Public Intoxication. Misti Hereford, 33, Lander, Fighting, Public Intoxication and Open Container. The pair were arrested following a report of a fight among two people on the 100 block of North Fourth Street. Officers made contact with two separately at different locations. Details as to why the two fought was not in the police report.


At 10:14 a.m., a caller on Cross Street reported a gun was stolen from a vehicle. Investigation is on-going, however LPD reports the vehicle appeared to be unlocked at the time of the theft, and a neighbor returned it later in the day saying they found it in some nearby bushes.

At 1:04 p.m., a caller on Cliff Street reported that when a couple got their car back from an acquaintance it smelled like ‘weed.’

Information about yesterday’s two vehicle crash at West Main and Amoretti streets indicates that a Chevy pickup pulled out in front of a southbound Jeep, causing the collision. No citations were issued, and updates on the two people who were reportedly injured was not available. Read the initial report here.

A suspicious person hanging out in a parking lot on South First Street was reported at 10:38 p.m.