Select Page

The Lander Volunteer Fire Department were dispatched to Lander Valley High School Tuesday afternoon.

The Lander Police Department and EMS personnel also arrived on scene as a precaution to a report of smoke coming from one of the rooms.

According to Lander Volunteer Fire Cheif Bobby Johnston the smoke issue was created by an egg on a hot plate that might have been forgotten about. Johnston said, “everything went good with the investigation, and the kids promptly returned to class.”