Sandi Hussa and Kirbie Despain have loads of fun while working at the Riverton Branch of the Fremont County Library System. Walk into the Riverton Children’s Department and you’re sure to hear laughter and experience the joy the space provides.
Fun and creativity has taken these ladies down many paths, from crazy crafts all the way to a rap video. This current endeavor benefits families and their children by providing an online option to Storytime.
With Summer Reading approaching, online Storytime lets your children benefit from and enjoy Storytime all summer long.
Through stories, songs and rhymes children can experience a number of benefits including:
- improved vocabulary and word recognition
- a longer attention span and the ability to pay attention to someone other than their primary care giver
- an opportunity to get engaged in story
- a cultivated sense of enjoyment for reading (rather than reading as a chore or obligation)
- a boost to your little ones emotional intelligence and imagination
- an opportunity for your little one to interact and socialize with other kids
For a list of all current online Storytimes, click here.
Be sure to check with your local library in the fall for a regular Storytime schedule and registration details. Online Storytime will continue year round.
Fremont County Library System – The place to be!