Washakie County Law Enforcement will be out in force during the busy travel week of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. As part of a statewide enforcement campaign during the Rally, the Worland Police Department, Wyoming Highway Patrol, and the Washakie County Sheriff’s Office will be stepping up traffic enforcement from Aug. 4-13.
Washakie County Law Enforcement recommends these safe alternatives to drinking and driving.
- Plan a safe way home before the fun begins.
- Designate a sober driver.
- Download Drive Sober Wyoming app
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to report it to 347-2242 or 347-4253.
- If you know someone is about to drive or ride after drinking, take the keys and help him/her make other arrangements to be safe.
Along with this enhanced enforcement effort, the Wyoming Highway Patrol is urging drivers to help keep Wyoming’s roadways safe by calling the Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately (REDDI) hotline number at 1-800-442-9090 to report suspected drunk drivers. Callers should be prepared to provide the dispatcher with a description of the vehicle, its location, and direction of travel.